Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge




Have you joined in yet? Click the button above and head on over to Joyce's and join in...


1. National Read a Road Map Day falls on April 5th. Would people say you have a good sense of direction? Do you rely on a GPS when you drive somewhere new? When was the last time you used a map?

I have a wonderful sense of direction, if I do say so myself. Very rarely do I get turned around. Wayne on the other hand...well that's another story. We do have a GPS that we rely on when traveling these days. It just makes it easier, that is, when it doesn't send us in the wrong direction which kinda defeats the purpose. And I couldn't tell you the last time we used a map, but I know how to read one and happen to love maps.

2. What's your favorite cookbook?

Oh man, GooseBerry Patch cookbooks are my favorites. I love the Fall and Winter cookbooks, the Tailgating and the Christmas cookbooks too. LOVE THEM...the funny thing is, I only read them because I don't cook, lol. Well not often anyway, I think I've actually only made one recipe from the tailgating book.

3. What painting would you like to "walk into" and experience? Why?

Oh Lord, I am so not into art or paintings, I can't even think of one I'd like to be in. Hmmmmm I guess the only thing that comes to mind is maybe the Mona Lisa. I'd like to know just exactly what her smile is all about.

4. What annoys you more- misspellings or mispronunciations?

BOTH...but probably misspellings more. Especially in professional documents. There is way too much technology today to ever send a document or an email with misspelled words, and nothing annoys me more than for it to come from one of the staff members in my department. But hey, errors do happen so its no biggie. Now where's that spell check button...lol

5. What is something your mother or father considered important?

My dad always told me to be a Leader not a follower. I have remembered that all my life and I'd like to think I've listened well to his advice. There are so many things that mom always felt was important, family first, then church, prayer and reading the Bible, keeping a clean home, being well organized, PEPSI'S (her favorite addiction, lol) and so many other things. I think moms are best at teaching you those important things in life and she was a GREAT teacher.

6. Do you like or dislike schedules?

Love them. If I have a schedule, I am very likely to be more productive. Remember that organization mom taught? Yep, it plays a big part in schedules and it helps me keep my priorities straight. But I don't like to be so scheduled that I can't enjoy life so I don't live by a schedule everyday.

7. Let's have some fun with National Poetry Month (that would be April)...write your own ending to this poem-


"Roses are Red
Violets are blue..."

uhmmmm yeah, this is kinda like stage fright...I can't think of a thing.

8. Insert your own random thought in this space

I'm so aggravated right now. We had a terrible thunderstorm come through this morning and we lost power for most of the morning. When the power came back on, we didn't have water...UNTIL LATE IN THE AFTERNOON!! It totally messed up my day. I didn't go to work (which thankfully, I can work at home, so that was nice), but the water didn't come back on in enough time to make it to church. Yes I know it's Tuesday night (I completed my answers early), but it's the opening week of IWC Savannah, Southside campus. Disappointed much...

4 comments:

  1. Great answers, especially #5. Funny as I'm typing my comment my yahoo messenger showed that you just left a comment on mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My power went out for an hour yesterday. I have someone here tiling my bathroom and he was using an electric saw. No power is a problem!

    I'm going to check out the Gooseberry Patch...you're the second person today to mention the cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gooseberry Patch cook book? Not familiar with it, but you are the second person to recommend it from the blogs I replied to today. I will have to do some research. They sound interesting. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GooseBerry's are pretty awesome!
    I think both are annoying too but I just picked one. Being a leader is great advice. I don't have to schedule much but I do love a list.
    Sorry about the power, I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete