Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Friday, April 29, 2011
Seems everybody is all astir over the royal wedding. I've only seen bits and pieces. Kate was definitely a most beautiful bride and William appears to be everything a girl dreams of in a Prince.
I'm so sick of Dr.'s appointments and if Wayne cuts himself one more time, he's banned from working on his Rat Rod forever more...RIIIIGGGHHHHTTTTT!!!!!
Happy Weekend everybody
Thursday, April 21, 2011
This is my mom and my sister Jennifer
And this is my other sister, Angie
Love my babies, Matt, Caleb and Leila
I love this pic with Matt and Leila in the background
This is a little closer. They didn't know we were listening to them. He was singing with her. Very sweet. If you know my boys, they are very sweet and attentive to Leila. She's their baby.
I have two of the most handsome young men and a beautiful little Angel
I absolutely love this one of Caleb
My mom and dad, I love them so much
Here's the whole crew minus Jenn and Chess, the photographers
and here's Jen and Chess and Brianna
Here's Caleb and Aunt Lala, they've always called her that, in fact, she gets a little upset if they say Angie...lol. Caleb could've been her child, he looks just like her.
Caleb and my sweet niece Brianna with the top of the old lighthouse from Tybee.
Leila and Brianna at Vinnie Van Go Go's in City Market...the BEST pizza.
The guys on Riverstreet
We had so much fun looking around and renewing our love of Savannah and the surrounding area. I'm so blessed to call it home. Hope you've enjoyed the pics, of course they're all of us and not much of the history we took in. LOL What can I say, I love my family and wanted to show them off a bit.
Have a great day.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Have you joined in yet? Click the button above and head on over to Joyce's and join in...(the button may not be working, but try it anyway)
1. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time or have a significant conversation with two people?
I definitely want to talk to everyone in the room. My hubby would say it's because I'm nosy. I say it's because...who am I kidding, I'm nosy and I want to know everything going on. LOL
2. What objects do you remember from your parent's living room?
Now this is a hard question. There are things from my childhood that I remember like the really large white Bible with gold writing on the cover and the Home Interior decorations on the wall. But now there are things that are more meaningful like the pictures of my Grandma and other family members and my dads glasses on the end table where he'd been sitting and reading. There are lots of precious memories rather than objects in my parents living room.
3. Do you hog the bed? Steal the covers? Snore?
Well we have a huge King size bed so, no, I don't hog the bed but my hubby all the time tells me that I steal the covers. As a matter of fact, he loves the song by Brad Paisley, "Everything to me". He says it reminds him of me, it talks about the stealer of the covers. I think it's sweet. And no, I don't snore unless I'm extremely tired and laying on my back, which I never do.
4. Speaking of Easter dinner....what is your favorite way to cook/eat lamb? Or does just the thought of that make you squeamish? If you're not cooking lamb what will be your entree du jour on Easter Sunday?
Yeah, we don't eat lamb for Easter. I would not be opposed to trying it but I'm not in a hurry too. We usually have ham, which my mom bakes, and it is my favorite.
5. Let's throw some politics into this week's mix-oooohhh...Do you know the whereabouts of your birth certificate and when was the last time you had to produce it to prove you're you?
Yes I know exactly where it is. It's with Wayne's, Matt's, Caleb's and Leila's. I have them all together in an envelope in a drawer in my bedroom and I can't even think of the last time I had to produce it.
6. As a child, how did people describe you?
LOUD!!! Funny how that hasn't changed. I gotta big mouth, what can I say.
7. What do you complain about the most?
My most recent complaint has been about a couple of twits that my son is friends with. Don't even get me started about that again. Makes my blood boil just thinking about it. But my most common complaint is about gas prices. That really irks me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This is a good one. I love a man in a kilt. Don't ask me why that came to mind, but it's true. And no, not if he's ugly or old (no offense to the elderly in a kilt), but if he's good looking with muscles...be still my beating heart. LOL That oughta get some funny faces.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
* I was asked by a neighbor to watch her little boy for a couple of hours this afternoon while she and her husband went to a funeral in Jacksonville. I was glad to do it, as she was so kind to me when my Grandma Smiley recently passed. Her husband works at Gulfstream and worked directly with the crew that was killed last week in the plane crash. Interestingly enough, one of the girls that works for me was at the same baseball field that one of the crew members family was at when they got the news. She said it was the most devastating cry she's ever heard from a child. I pray that God will supernaturally comfort all of the families involved.
* Wayne's mom and stepdad own an old muscle car, a Red Hot 1969 Chevelle, and they are members of a car club, The Dixieland Cruisers, and every year before Easter they have a big car show in Savannah that they participate in. This year, his sister Carmen and her husband Mike are coming for the car show. They have recently bought the brand new convertible Camaro and are entering it into the show. I drive a 2010 Black Challenger that Wayne has recently striped and so he's entering it as well. Should be lots of fun. Pics of the Camaro and the Challenger are below and unfortunately, I have none of the Chevelle.
This was actually before he put the stripes on.
And this is with the stripes.
Thanks again for stopping by.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Day 1: Ten Facts
1) I have absolutely fallen in love with tattoos
2) This little girl in the picture, if you mess with her you're pretty much writing your death wish.
3) I love my job, and it takes a special kinda person to work there, lol ...
4) I'm an Adjutant to Victor Polero at IWC.
5) Just because of the music that I listen to doesn't mean I don't believe in God, I in fact do with every fiber of my being.
6) I'm a family man, trying to snatch me from 'em is like trying to take a baby from his mother.
7) Football has stolen my heart.
8) I'm a nerd, and I have watched every Star Wars film at least 10 times each.
9) History, especially American History, is my cup of tea.
10) I'm a huge Knicks fan, believe it or not.
Cute huh? Yeah the feeling has faded fast...He decided while I was putting this together that he would post on facebook as his next status update that I'd kicked him out and needed a place to stay. Of course I did NOT do this. We have a friend coming to stay the weekend and it was decided at the last minute so he thought it would be funny to post this on facebook since she's staying in his room. Welcome back to reality!
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Have you joined in yet? Click the button above and head on over to Joyce's and join in...
1. National Read a Road Map Day falls on April 5th. Would people say you have a good sense of direction? Do you rely on a GPS when you drive somewhere new? When was the last time you used a map?
I have a wonderful sense of direction, if I do say so myself. Very rarely do I get turned around. Wayne on the other hand...well that's another story. We do have a GPS that we rely on when traveling these days. It just makes it easier, that is, when it doesn't send us in the wrong direction which kinda defeats the purpose. And I couldn't tell you the last time we used a map, but I know how to read one and happen to love maps.
2. What's your favorite cookbook?
Oh man, GooseBerry Patch cookbooks are my favorites. I love the Fall and Winter cookbooks, the Tailgating and the Christmas cookbooks too. LOVE THEM...the funny thing is, I only read them because I don't cook, lol. Well not often anyway, I think I've actually only made one recipe from the tailgating book.
3. What painting would you like to "walk into" and experience? Why?
Oh Lord, I am so not into art or paintings, I can't even think of one I'd like to be in. Hmmmmm I guess the only thing that comes to mind is maybe the Mona Lisa. I'd like to know just exactly what her smile is all about.
4. What annoys you more- misspellings or mispronunciations?
BOTH...but probably misspellings more. Especially in professional documents. There is way too much technology today to ever send a document or an email with misspelled words, and nothing annoys me more than for it to come from one of the staff members in my department. But hey, errors do happen so its no biggie. Now where's that spell check button...lol
5. What is something your mother or father considered important?
My dad always told me to be a Leader not a follower. I have remembered that all my life and I'd like to think I've listened well to his advice. There are so many things that mom always felt was important, family first, then church, prayer and reading the Bible, keeping a clean home, being well organized, PEPSI'S (her favorite addiction, lol) and so many other things. I think moms are best at teaching you those important things in life and she was a GREAT teacher.
6. Do you like or dislike schedules?
Love them. If I have a schedule, I am very likely to be more productive. Remember that organization mom taught? Yep, it plays a big part in schedules and it helps me keep my priorities straight. But I don't like to be so scheduled that I can't enjoy life so I don't live by a schedule everyday.
7. Let's have some fun with National Poetry Month (that would be April)...write your own ending to this poem-
"Roses are Red
Violets are blue..."
uhmmmm yeah, this is kinda like stage fright...I can't think of a thing.
8. Insert your own random thought in this space
I'm so aggravated right now. We had a terrible thunderstorm come through this morning and we lost power for most of the morning. When the power came back on, we didn't have water...UNTIL LATE IN THE AFTERNOON!! It totally messed up my day. I didn't go to work (which thankfully, I can work at home, so that was nice), but the water didn't come back on in enough time to make it to church. Yes I know it's Tuesday night (I completed my answers early), but it's the opening week of IWC Savannah, Southside campus. Disappointed much...
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Needless to say, we've got a little something for everybody and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I haven't mentioned them all because I can't keep up with them. There are soooo many other things going on to keep everyone involved and I am so thrilled to be a part of this great move. Stop by anytime for a visit. We'd love to have you. If you'd like, you can check out our website by the highlighted link above or over to the link listed at the right side of my page.
I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
I have a really great friend, and her son is in Peds ICU with DKA-Diabetic Ketoacidosis. I went to visit and my heart just broke to see him quietly endure the stomach pain he was experiencing. But when she could be selfish, she's concerned about the little girl beside them who is in much greater need.
I have another friend who is having difficulty in her marriage and she's experiencing pain and heartbreak of a different sort. She could easily call it quits but she's determined to give it every effort before she throws in the towel. I hope she realizes just how strong she is.
My aunt posted a beautiful picture of my Grandmother Smiley on facebook. In the pic she was blowing a kiss and it was the sweetest thing. Unexpectedly the tears just fell. I didn't realize how much I'd miss her.
Then I saw an update my hubby made...
God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness! I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left.
And now I rest!!
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Have you joined in yet? Click the button above and head on over to Joyce's and join in...
1. April rolls in at the end of this week and in celebration of that infamous date (April 1) answer this question-what is something foolish you've done?
I sing on the Praise and Worship team at church and one Sunday, my best friend Amy and I went into the balcony (this was before we moved into our new facility) after we were finished singing because it was so crowded. Little did we know, that the Pastor was going to call us back up to sing at the end of service, because we normally don't, so Amy and I were rushing to get back down the balcony stairs and the heel of my boots caught one of the steps and I slid the rest of the way down. We were so tickled that we almost didn't make it back up to sing. It was really funny at the time and that boot has never been the same.
2. With April comes Easter and that classic edible treat known as Peeps...so tell me...what's your favorite way to eat/fix chicken? That's wasn't what you were expecting was it? I 'fooled' you. teehee
Oh good one, I didn’t expect that question. I love love love chicken on the grill and definitely not with marshmallows.
3. What's the best museum you've ever visited? Or your favorite? Or the one you'd most like to visit?
I have not been to very many museums. There are two here near where I live, Ft. Pulaski and the Mighty Eighth. I guess I would have to say the Mighty Eighth would be my favorite. It’s a beautiful museum. This question makes me realize I should get out a little more.
4. You know what they say about April showers....what's your preference-a bath or a shower?
Definitely a shower. Nice and hot. I like to sit in the bottom and let the water just run over me.
5. Absence makes the heart grow fonder"-fact or fiction? Why?
Fact…space can be a good thing.
6. What's your favorite product made/grown in your home state/province?
Vidalia Onions, they are the BEST onions around. They have a great, sweet taste.
7. What is going on in the world today that affects you the most?
This is a loaded question but I’ll just leave it at the high gas prices. Hate em.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Funny story, concerning high gas prices. Gas is running $3.55/gallon right now in our area but somehow I was able to fill up my car for $40 when normally it would have cost me over $60. I was already half way home when I pulled out the receipt and realized I got gas for $2.55. Not sure how that happened but I was sure happy about it.
The Butterfly is truly an amazing little creature. They go through four stages of life before they've completed their metamorphosis. From egg to caterpillar, pupa (or chrysalis), to beautiful butterfly. A very special lady at church came to me one Sunday about two years ago and said, "God sees you as a very colorful butterfly, your personality touches everyone you come in contact with"! I didn't understand the relevance at the time and how perfectly the butterfly would eventually describe me. Hold that thought, we'll circle back to it in just a minute...
I recently lost my Grandmother Smiley. She was considered the cornerstone of our family and losing her was devastating. Even though we knew she was heaven bound, we weren't ready to let her go and I think the hardest thing I've ever done was sing at her funeral, along with my sister Jennifer and her husband Chester. On March 13th, two weeks after grandma passed away, the very same lady that called me a butterfly, came to me again and whispered a very profound word in my ear, one that I'll never forget. It was very special to me and without disclosing everything, lets just say it was a passing of the torch. It was truly a defining moment in my life. It confirmed in my Spirit, something I felt from the moment we realized Grandma wasn't going to make it, but I wouldn't let myself dwell on it because I felt too unworthy of the honor. Since that day, I have been able to look back over the last two years of my life and see, with now, clear eyes where the enemy has tried to destroy me, my family, and my purpose.
...You see, I've been going through my own metamorphosis. Different stages in my life preparing me for the purpose and assignment that God had in store all along. This butterfly will soon be ready to leave the cocoon and the brightly colored creature that emerges will be a thing to behold.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Don't ask me why that was on my mind, but it was and I looked it up. Maybe its because I'm dreading the summer and anxiously await the next fall and winter season and my favorite Holiday of the year. CHRISTMAS!!!
You better get to shopping, it'll be here before you know it. LOL
Saturday, March 26, 2011
1. My first name is Johnnie. Wayne teases me all the time that my mom and dad wanted a boy so bad that they named me Johnnie. Truly, my mom wanted me to have my dad's name, but my dad didn't. I remember he told me at my High School graduation that I didn't have to let them announce me by using my first name, but I insisted. I'm not embarrassed by it at all. I'm proud of it.
2. Since we're talking about names, I go by my middle name Lucretia, which has been passed down through several generations. The name started with Virgie Lucretia who was my great, great grandmother. My mom is Kathy Lucretia and I'm Johnnie Lucretia. It didn't stop there, my daughter, Leila also bears the name, Leila Lucretia. As a side note, most people call me Crea and my niece Brianna calls me Aunt Creabee...
3. I LOVE FOOTBALL!!! ok so that's probably NO secret. GO DAWGS!!!
4. Old movies are my absolute favorites and I love musicals. The Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, McClintock, any old movies with Judy Garland, Elvis Presley or John Wayne. The one movie with Judy Garland that I wasn't crazy about growing up was The Wizard of Oz. I DID NOT like the flying monkeys but I have since gotten over my fear of them...lol!
5. I'm going to try really hard not to say hate, but I reeeeally dislike the Spring/Summer. I know, I know, I'm crazy, but I don't like either one of them. Yes I love the beach and tanning, I love to swim and camp and I love beautiful flowers, but I DON'T like the heat, the gnats, the mosquitos, the pollen, the heat, the weeds in my flower beds, high electricity bills oh, and did I mention the heat!!!
Stay tuned, more exciting revelations coming in the near future. ;)
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
* I was complaining to Wayne last night about my lack of motivation. I hate being overweight. No, I mean it, I really despise being overweight. So I said to him that I wished God would give me something in his word just for me. Something meant to encourage or inspire me to try harder or be more motivated. And he did, but it wasn't what I expected at all. I picked up the ladies bible study book, "Understanding the Purpose and Power of Woman", by Myles Munroe and continued to read where I earlier had left off in chapter 1. It reads, and I quote...
- The apostle Paul told us that everything God made is available to us to do with what we want, yet he added a warning: "Everything is permissable for me-but not everything is beneficial. 'Everything is permissable for me'-but I will not be mastered by anything" (1 Corinthians 6:12). Then he gave an example. He said, "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food" (v. 13). What was he talking about? He was saying that there is a purpose for everything, but if you don't know the purpose of something, it can enslave you. Not everything is beneficial. Paul was implying that if we are to use food in a way that is beneficial to us, we must understand both the purpose of the stomach and the purpose of the food. The stomach and food were made for one another. God designed the stomach for food and the food for the stomach so that we could receive nutrition to sustain our physical lives. Yet we can abuse the relationship between the stomach and food by overeating or by eating food that has no nutritional value. This can cause us to become overweight or lack proper nutrition, resulting in a variety of health problems. When purpose is not known, or when desire prompts us to misuse purpose, abuse is inevitable.
Now I know that some people battle obesity because of serious health issues, but sadly, for me, it is an absolute abuse and misuse of food. So I guess you could say that I got just what I asked for...and a little more. Motivation and a little chastisement along with it.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
The Soul Steppers, our childrens dance team, performed for us today and they were absolutely adorable. I've added a couple of pics below of their performance.