Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Brightly Colored Butterfly

The Butterfly is truly an amazing little creature. They go through four stages of life before they've completed their metamorphosis. From egg to caterpillar, pupa (or chrysalis), to beautiful butterfly. A very special lady at church came to me one Sunday about two years ago and said, "God sees you as a very colorful butterfly, your personality touches everyone you come in contact with"! I didn't understand the relevance at the time and how perfectly the butterfly would eventually describe me. Hold that thought, we'll circle back to it in just a minute...


I recently lost my Grandmother Smiley. She was considered the cornerstone of our family and losing her was devastating. Even though we knew she was heaven bound, we weren't ready to let her go and I think the hardest thing I've ever done was sing at her funeral, along with my sister Jennifer and her husband Chester. On March 13th, two weeks after grandma passed away, the very same lady that called me a butterfly, came to me again and whispered a very profound word in my ear, one that I'll never forget. It was very special to me and without disclosing everything, lets just say it was a passing of the torch. It was truly a defining moment in my life. It confirmed in my Spirit, something I felt from the moment we realized Grandma wasn't going to make it, but I wouldn't let myself dwell on it because I felt too unworthy of the honor. Since that day, I have been able to look back over the last two years of my life and see, with now, clear eyes where the enemy has tried to destroy me, my family, and my purpose.


...You see, I've been going through my own metamorphosis. Different stages in my life preparing me for the purpose and assignment that God had in store all along. This butterfly will soon be ready to leave the cocoon and the brightly colored creature that emerges will be a thing to behold.


Lucretia

No comments:

Post a Comment