Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm sticking with God, He's all I've Got Left

I just can't seem to rest tonight. My heart is so heavy for friends and loved ones.

I have a really great friend, and her son is in Peds ICU with DKA-Diabetic Ketoacidosis. I went to visit and my heart just broke to see him quietly endure the stomach pain he was experiencing. But when she could be selfish, she's concerned about the little girl beside them who is in much greater need.

I have another friend who is having difficulty in her marriage and she's experiencing pain and heartbreak of a different sort. She could easily call it quits but she's determined to give it every effort before she throws in the towel. I hope she realizes just how strong she is.


My aunt posted a beautiful picture of my Grandmother Smiley on facebook. In the pic she was blowing a kiss and it was the sweetest thing. Unexpectedly the tears just fell. I didn't realize how much I'd miss her.

Then I saw an update my hubby made...

Lamentations 3:22
God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness! I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left.


And now I rest!!

Lucretia

2 comments:

  1. I will lift up your friends in prayer! I still get sentimental when I see pics of my grandma...and it has been 6 years. And I love that verse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers your way for your friends.

    A wonderful bible verse to remember daily!

    ReplyDelete