Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Do you Hear What I Hear?

At this very moment, I'm sitting in my living room, on the laptop and I'm thinking of all the sounds I hear around me. The typing of the keys, the show on t.v., Koko playing at my feet, and the sweetest sound of all, my children being silly with one another in Matt's room. The sweetest laughter I know is that big laugh from such a little girl at the antics of her older brothers. What I hear is two young men who are going to make great husbands and fathers one day and a little girl who will never have to worry about anything, because her brothers will always make sure she is well taken care of. I hear the promise of a good future for my children. I hear the love that they share, even when they're mad at one another and fighting. I hear, job well done mom and dad, you did something right. And that sound makes me very happy.

Lucretia

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! Sometimes I get so busy that all of the background noise runs together. Thanks for the reminder to LISTEN. Life is a symphony of beautiful sounds. When the melody is the laughter of our family, it is indeed a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete