Saturday, March 26, 2011

Something You May Not Know...

I don't want everything I blog about be so serious, so I've decided that I would take a few minutes each week and post a few things that maybe you don't know about me. Now where should we start...

1. My first name is Johnnie. Wayne teases me all the time that my mom and dad wanted a boy so bad that they named me Johnnie. Truly, my mom wanted me to have my dad's name, but my dad didn't. I remember he told me at my High School graduation that I didn't have to let them announce me by using my first name, but I insisted. I'm not embarrassed by it at all. I'm proud of it.

2. Since we're talking about names, I go by my middle name Lucretia, which has been passed down through several generations. The name started with Virgie Lucretia who was my great, great grandmother. My mom is Kathy Lucretia and I'm Johnnie Lucretia. It didn't stop there, my daughter, Leila also bears the name, Leila Lucretia. As a side note, most people call me Crea and my niece Brianna calls me Aunt Creabee...

3. I LOVE FOOTBALL!!! ok so that's probably NO secret. GO DAWGS!!!

4. Old movies are my absolute favorites and I love musicals. The Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, McClintock, any old movies with Judy Garland, Elvis Presley or John Wayne. The one movie with Judy Garland that I wasn't crazy about growing up was The Wizard of Oz. I DID NOT like the flying monkeys but I have since gotten over my fear of them...lol!

5. I'm going to try really hard not to say hate, but I reeeeally dislike the Spring/Summer. I know, I know, I'm crazy, but I don't like either one of them. Yes I love the beach and tanning, I love to swim and camp and I love beautiful flowers, but I DON'T like the heat, the gnats, the mosquitos, the pollen, the heat, the weeds in my flower beds, high electricity bills oh, and did I mention the heat!!!

Stay tuned, more exciting revelations coming in the near future. ;)

Lucretia

7 comments:

  1. By the way watch out for those flyin Monkeys that you said you've since forgotten and gotten over. I saw them flying towards your house just the other day. Hahaha!!! I love you boo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the Spring/Summer. I hate the HEAT too! Not to mention the pollen and other junk. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm w/ you on the gnats...i hate humidity, too...too strong a word i guess
    it's still been chilly here the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there...I'm visiting from Thena's blog! So nice to "meet" you! I love spring and summer, but am in total agreement with you on the heat, pollen, and I sure don't like the humidity! BLECH! I am now a follower! Pop over if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping over from your cousin Thena's blog to welcome you to the wonderful world of blogging!! Glad to meet another blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lucretia. Just coming over from Thena's blog. I love to meet new bloggers. Welcome this world of blogging. You're gonna love it!

    I agree with you on the Wizard of Oz, those monkeys scared me to death too.

    As soon as I'm done with this post, I'll sign up to follow you. Another great way to meet new bloggers is to play along with the "Wednesday Hodgepodge". Just check out Thena's blog tomorrow to link up and play. It's a whole lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Lucretia...what a beautiful name. Just stopping in to say hello and welcome to the blogosphere. Your cousin Thena sent me over!

    ReplyDelete