Saturday, March 19, 2011

Here's to Glass Houses

I've thought long and hard about what theme I want my blog to take, or maybe in better words, what audience I want to target. But frankly, I just can't decide. Honestly, my true desire is to insprire those of you who are living life everyday, like me.

~To the married woman that questions whether marriage is a state you want to continue in because it's not always what you thought it would be, I say marriage is hard work and it's not for the faint of heart. It's not one sided and selfish. It's not easy. But it IS rewarding and worth fighting for.

~To the mother who sits with her head in her hands listening to kids argue wondering where you've gone wrong. You haven't. They'll surprise you when you least expect it with acts or words of kindness to their siblings and your heart will soar.

~To the working wife and mother, tomorrow is a new day and no one's gonna die if you don't clean the bathroom tonight. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. It'll all come out in the wash...literally! :) Sometimes you just have to sit down and enjoy lifes moments. If you don't, you might miss the random acts of kindness between your children.

~I want to encourage the person who has experienced health issues like anxiety and panic attacks and remind you that God is the healer of all of our infirmaties. Don't seperate yourself from others, lean on them, because it's in these times that you need them most. You WILL feel happy and whole again.

~To the woman chasing after God, don't get weary in well doing. Make the necessary time to stay connected to God, reading his word and praying. It will help you get through all of the things I've already listed above. But don't forget that even with God and church, there's always an order. God first, family second and church third.

Now here's my disclaimer...Don't judge me. I'm admitting some of the places I've been and the feelings that I've had in the hopes that someone will read it and find some encouragement, or the strength they need to keep going. We all have craziness in our lives from time to time and that's ok. I'm just blogging about mine. :)

Lucretia

2 comments:

  1. True words spoken for sure...love it and love u friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Blog!!! You should seriously write a book, you've got the skills to do it!!! Great Job, I love you!!

    ReplyDelete